Since we’re almost through the summer movie season and completely through last year’s television season, it’s time to take the first annual look at the Beefboy’s 2009 Top 25 Sci-fi Babes List! This last year heralded the end of several long-running science fiction shows, including Battlestar Gallactica and both incarnations of Stargate, which means that this list will face a big shake up next year. The introduction of Dollhouse brought us two entries and the re-launch of Star Trek brought us two entries.
The criteria I used was relative hotness, star power, importance in their roles and how prolific they were. I welcome your additions or thoughts in the comment section below. Tell me what you think about the Beefboy’s list of Scifi Babes!
1. Tricia Helfer – Tricia beat out Megan because she is absolutely all over the world of sci-fi! Of course she plays the slinky Number Six on Battlestar Gallactica, but Helfer also made appearances on Burn Notice, Warehouse 13, Chuck, and voice work in the Green Lantern and Spectacular Spider-man cartoons, plus in the upcoming Halo:ODST! Right now, Tricia Helfer is the Queen of Science Fiction.
Here is the Beefboy’s Gallery on Tricia Helfer.
2. Megan Fox – Megan Fox is easily one of the hottest women on the planet. Period. She burned up the screen in Transformers 2 and will soon appear in the Jonah Hex movie. She was rumored to be in talks to play Wonder Woman, but she said she wasn’t interested in that and furthermore played down the Transformers role that made her a star. Note to Megan and her agent: Take the sci-fi roles and keep your yap shut and you’ll have a decade of lucrative gigs. Ask Angelina Jolie what sci-fi has done for her.
Here is the Beefboy’s Gallery on Megan Fox.
3. Rhona Mitra – If Rhona Mitra was a bigger name then she could easily be at the top of this list. Super fit and smoldering, Mitra plied her trade in Underworld 3: Rise of the Lycans and in the punk fantasy Doomsday.
Here is the Beefboy’s Gallery on Rhona Mitra.
4. Zoe Saldana – It’s not easy to step into the role of a not only a sci-fi icon, but also an African American icon. Zoe Saldana brought a lot of class, and a lot of heat, to the role of Uhura in the Star Trek reboot. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her bust out given the attention everyone got from that film.
5. Rachel Nichols – This is definitely the summer of Rachel Nichols. She had the role of Gaila in Star Trek at the beginning of the summer and ends the summer with a lead role as Scarlette in the G.I.Joe film. Expect to see more and more of this stunning former model in the future.
Here is the Beefboy’s Gallery on Rachel Nichols.
6. Billie Piper – Bless Billie Piper for returning to her role of Rose Tyler on Dr. Who last season. She obviously found mainstream success with Secret Diary of a Call Girl (and given us some sexy scenes on there), but she’s not too big to return to the show that made her so famous. Billie is so damn pretty that it’s hard to look at her sometimes.
Here is the Beefboy Gallery for Billie Piper.
7. Eliza Dushku – Eliza Dushku fulfilled about half of the Beefboy’s fetishes in her first season of Dollhouse, so naturally I’m looking forward to the second season! We got lucky with the renewal, so if you’re not hooked into Dollhouse be sure to tune in next season. You’ll thank me.
Here is the Beefboy Gallery on Eliza Dushku.
8. Yvonne Strahovski – Since Chuck is such a geek, they sure know how to play to his (and our) own fantasies with the lovely Yvonne. Whether she’s in a skin-tight latex spy suit, or jeans and a t-shirt, this Aussie knows how to turn on that American girl-next-door charm.
9. Summer Glau – If I’ve got to have a Terminator chase me, I sure hope she looks like Summer Glau! Besides her run on The Sarah Conner Chronicles she appeared as herself in The Big Bang Theory and gave the geek squad another hot unattainable chick to “fight” over.
Here is the Beefboy’s Gallery on Summer Glau.
10. Grace Park –Battlestar Gallactica’s Boomer has been gracious enough to do shoots for several men’s magazines, which gets her near the top of the Beefboy’s list!
11. Kristin Kreuk – In addition to her recurring role as Lana Lang on Smallville this year, Kristin Kreuk played the title role in Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li.
12. Lena Headey – Lena Headey followed up a nude appearance in 300 then took MILF to another level while making the Sarah Conner character her own. Headey’s performance in Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles proves that strong can also be sexy.
Here is the Beefboy Gallery of Lena Headey.
13. Kandyse McClure – Yet another Battlestar Gallactica alum, Kandyse McClure may be more active in sci-fi than you know. She also made appearances on Sanctuary and Smallville last year. Kandyse is outrageously hot… I think it’s time for a starring role.
14. Hayden Panettiere – I can always tell when they are running episodes of Heroes the hits on my Hayen Panettiere gallery go through the roof. Young, pretty, and playing a cheerleader superhero are all a deadly combination.
15. Claudia Black – Look, I’m a fan of Claudia Black since her Farscape days, so she’s definitely making my list this year due to her work on the two Stargate movies Continuum and Arc of Truth, plus an appearance on Moonlight. She’s spunky and she’s got that amazing accent; can’t we get her in a regular series? Please?
16. Malin Ackerman – I imagine that most parents were aghast when they took their little darlings to see Hollywood’s latest superhero movie Watchmen and saw scenes of graphic violence, blue schlong and Malin Ackerman in, and out, of her latex costume.
17. Moon Bloodgood – Moon Bloodgood is one of the hardest working babes in sci-fi. Over the past year she had a starring role in Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, played Blair Williams in Terminator: Salvation and had a recurring role on USA’s Burn Notice.
18. Eve Myles –Merlin briefly pushed Eve Myles up to the top of my gallery hits list last month, but the real heat from Eve comes from her role as Gwen Cooper on the BBC’s Torchwood.
Here is the Beefboy Gallery on Eve Myles.
19. Jewel Staite – Jewel Staite has made a career of sci-fi and of playing “the nice girl”. Her role as Kaylee Frye, the sweet farm-girl/mechanic on Firefly, has been countered by playing the sweet Dr. Jennifer Keller on Stargate: Atlantis. Nice and sweet are not typically the Beefboy’s type, but I’ll make an exception for Jewel.
20. Kaley Cuoco – Yet another addition to the girl-next-door who dates a geek skein, Kaley Cuoco takes on a whole apartment full of sci-fi fanboys in The Big Bang Theory. Don’t dismiss Cuoco because of her radical cuteness, she’s got some powerful comic timing.
21. Anna Paquin – Anna Paquin has sci-fi street-cred from her X-men days, but she’s entering a whole new dimension with her sexy work as Sookie Stackhouse in HBO’s True Blood series.
22. Amanda Tapping – Amanda Tapping is practically sci-fi royalty. She’s played Samantha Carter on Stargate: SG1 and Stargate: Atlantis for a decade now. This year Amanda Tapping added to her sci-fi gravitas by playing the lead role of Helen Magnus on Sanctuary.
23. Ali Larter – Ali Larter has turned her regular gig on Heroes into an opportunity to star in the upcoming Resident Evil: Aftelife.
24. Hannah Spearitt – If you’ve seen Hannah Spearitt in her panties on Primeval, then you know why she’s on this list.
Here is the Beefboy Gallery on Hannah Spearitt.
25. Dichen Lachman – There’s a lot more going on in Dollhouse besides Eliza Dushku. Dichen Lachman, as Sierra, gets her share of juicy roles, but I’d certainly like to see her get more attention next season.
Did I miss some sci-fi hotties over the past year? Don’t like the order I put these babes in? Tell me your thoughts in the comment section below.